Monday, June 25, 2012

A Summer Hiatus for Kindergarten Reconciliation

Now that my older daughter's first year as a student in the public schools has concluded, my daughter and I will be shedding the focus and pace of the school year to experience, instead, the more free flowing rhythms of summer.   My hope for my daughter is that she will be able to let down the guard which was acquired in her journey through kindergarten, and get swept up in the "here and now" of summer.  I, too, am ready to embrace the vicissitudes of summer alongside my daughters, and thus I will be taking a hiatus from this "Kindergarten Reconciliation" blog through the end of August.  I plan to return to my reflections on the possibilities and challenges of public schooling after Labor Day.  I invite my readers to join me in this evolving dialogue when the upcoming school year begins anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment